I spent today roughing out some more bowls. I cut up what looked like a really good Red (Soft) Maple burl that Harold Cook gave me from the Remick Farm. It had extensive internal bark seams that could cause problems. Fortunately I only lost one small bowl at this point. We will see what happens after they dry! I used my McNaughton Center Saver to gain a few extra bowls and create fewer shavings.
I started a 6″ Butternut bowl late in the day. This bowl ended my day on a sour note! It came out of a quarter sawn piece. After forming the tenon, I inserted it into the chuck for hollowing. Because the bowl was so small I decided not to support it with the tail stock. That was a mistake. I got too aggressive and broke the tenon off. I learn something every day I turn!! I will finish this one tomorrow.